1. Open Start menu in bottom left corner.
2. Search for 'Control Panel' and open the App.
3. Click on System and Security.
4. Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption.
5. Under Operating System Drive, click Turn on BitLocker.
6. Select the option you want the recovery key to be saved, preferred option is to save to your Microsoft Account.
7. Continue with Next.
8. Select how much of the Drive you want to be encrypted. The second option is preferred if you intend to put more data on the Drive.
9. Continue with Next.
10. Select the type of encryption you want to use. First option is preferred for Operating System Drive.
11. Continue with Next.
12. Tick the Run BitLocker system checkbox option.
13. Continue with Continue.
14. Click the Restart now button and wait for computer to restart, after signining back in the Drive will have activated BitLocker.
© 2021 Switch My Server Limited, Company Number 12974995. Registered Address:
AMP Technology Centre, Advanced Manufacturing Park, Brunel Way, Rotherham, South Yorkshire, S60 5WG.
Last document review date: 9th December 2021.