1. Activity - This is where notifications, replies and mentions are notified to you.
2. Chat - Chat is where all one-on-one chats and groups are kept as well as any people added on the contacts list.
3. Teams - The Teams tab has all the teams listed that you are a member of and allows you to join and/or create teams of your own. Additionally, you can see the analytics of the teams you are involved in.
4. Calendar - Calendar is linked to Outlook meetings and displays any upcoming events and dates that have been put on either by yourself/team or organisation.
5. Calls - Calls is where you can see the history of all your calls had on Teams, as well as make and receive calls through contacts.
6. Files - Files is where you can access recent files from the variety of Office 365 software, such as Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Additionally, from here you can access downloads and your Onedrive, this makes it easier to share and read files whilst in calls on Teams.
7. *** - The three dots are used to search for apps that Teams offers, by offering suggestions, these apps can be used to better your experience with Teams. Apps such as more-in-depth calendars, planners and PowerPoint software built into Teams for support.
8. Apps - Apps is the primary way of accessing the built-in apps that Teams offers.
1. Filter - The Filter is used to search for contacts and teams you are part of, if you are unable to find them through scrolling. Additionally, this can be used to search for channels inside teams which are different sections inside the team group chats themselves.
2. Your teams - This is where all the teams you are in are listed and categorised, all channels in these teams will be listed underneath. The small arrow on the right of each team can be clicked to show or hide the channels within.
3. More options - These three dots can be clicked to manage a select team with a variety of features such as hide team, add member, add channel, leave the team, etc.
4. Join or create a team - This is used to create and setup your own team or enter a code which will allow you to join an already existing one.
5. Manage Teams - Manage Teams is used to view a variety of statistics and changes associated with each team you are present in. The function can also be used to see statistics of each team.
1. Posts - Posts is where all messages, shared links and pictures are sent into the team chat, the first message will have to be started by the New Conversation button in the bottom left.
2. Files - Files is where any saved files/documents can be uploaded for anyone in the team chat to download for themselves, an easy way to share files with everyone and these files can be accessed at any time and taken down whenever needed.
3. Wiki - Wiki is a way for members to share messages or make a sort of diary in a more structured and neat way that can be easily accesed and understood.
4. + - The plus sign is used to make a new tab using an app, this means you can make a quick shortcut from one of the available apps Teams supports.
5. Meet - The Meet button can be used to start a meet call or schedule a meeting; a meet call is like a one-on-one call but everyone in the team can join it in mass.
6. Channel Info - Channel info displays a small amount of information about the team in question including names and members added.
7. More Options - These three dots can be clicked to manage a select team with a variety of features such as, hide team, add member, add channel, leave the team, etc.
8. New Conversation - New conversation will appear when there are no current messages in the Post section, appearing as a button at the bottom.
1. <> - The arrow keys in the top left corner are used to go back or forward allowing quick movement between the different parts of Teams you have used recently.
2. Command/Search bar - The search bar at the top middle is used to search for people, files, apps and teams very easily.
3. Settings and More - Used to access the main settings used for configuring Microsoft Teams.
4. Account - The profile of the account currently in use is displayed and allows for adding more accounts or signing out.
© 2021 Switch My Server Limited, Company Number 12974995. Registered Address:
AMP Technology Centre, Advanced Manufacturing Park, Brunel Way, Rotherham, South Yorkshire, S60 5WG.
Last document review date: 10th December 2021.